2010 xj6n exhaust 5eb or 5sl

bobski
This post is 3601 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.Im looking at putting r6 headers on my 2010 xj6n but do i have to get the 5sl 2003-2005 headers or will the 5eb 1999-2002 headers fit.They look the same in the pics on ebay but wondered why people say 2003-2005 only.Thanks .

• 3 weeks later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The only help I think anyone can give you is that there is a reason why,like mounting pionts ,clearence issues ect..so if the seller's are stipulating certian years then there is a reason

Hello, I'm not 100% sure of why but you need the 5sl as I looked into doing this to my xj6 & gave up on the idea as you have to either bend the headers to fit under the sump without it catching or dent it which is not a good move in my opinion.

I do have a scorpion can for sale but it's not a whole lot louder tbh, looks nice though & is only the end can with link pipe.

5SL definitely fit, it's essentially the same engine, but as shaun said you need to carefully dint it to clear the sump - I know I did it.

The 5EB headers do not fit, a few guys on the FZ6R forum confirmed it.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online