Yamaha TT600R

gteps
This post is 3562 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, I'm new to the forum as I recently purchased a Yamaha TT600R which I have now found out has a later engine fitted, this one with the electric start, all in all I'm very pleased with the bike, got the Ohlins rear shock etc, it was purchased to do a little green lane riding.

Anyway, I've managed to get general service parts and fork oil seals without to much of a problem but I need a new gear lever, the Yamaha listed one is ridiculously expensive for such an old bike and I wondered if anyone could tell me if an XT600 gear lever would fit or if you know a supplier that makes pattern ones cheaper ?

I look forward to hearing from you soon and getting lots of advice and help from forum members.

Cheers gteps

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes xt600 lever should fit OK.

TTB

Hi TTB,

Thank you very much for the info, that makes things much easier to sort :-)

That's some list of bikes you have there, don't suppose you have a gear lever you would like to sell ?

Thanks again.

gteps

MSR makes shifters good quality cheap ran a KTM shifter one weekend because it fit and that was all they had at the track that day

Hi TTB,

Thank you very much for the info, that makes things much easier to sort :-)

That's some list of bikes you have there, don't suppose you have a gear lever you would like to sell ?

Thanks again.

gteps

Now i have a TT600R and a load of gear levers but im not sure if i have one spare, the early TT600 59x model lever will fit but i will

have a look for you, sold some bike but gained a few extra , still in the 20 i think but getting them restored as i go on.

TTB

• 1 month later...

Thanks for all your advice, I managed to purchase a new gear lever from David Lambeth of Rally and Overland, very helpful and knowledgable gent :-}

The TT600R is now finished and awaiting taxing at the begining of September, then its time to hit a few green lanes for a little fun.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online