ybr/xt125

tomyqss
This post is 3713 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so i know someone whos breaking a 13 plate ybr 125 as it can't go back on the road after a accident...

but the engines fine, i know ithe ybr is fuel injected an the xt is carb....

my question is, do any of you guys know if i can put a carb on the fuel injected ybr an it would run like the carb version ?

or if i can swop the heads on the 13 plate ybr with a xt125x so its becomes carb ?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bloody hell Tom that's a hell of a question!! Your going to have a lot of people scratching their heads over that one. First thought is if you have fuel injection then the mountings are different so bunging carbs on a FI model is probably a non starter but others may have more ideas. Looks like another FRANKENBIKE in the making.

lol yeah made my head hurt a bit looking at pictures he sent me trying to compare the two....

i'm not sure if the ybr changed after 2008, but it looks the same from the outside, i'm pretty sure the bottom ends/gearbox ect are the same...

i know his front end is totally rote off an the frame has been bent but rest is fine.....the only other option would be to change it all, fuel pump, loom, injector cdi everything, might make a nice project for me....thats if its possible

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online