87 yamaha FZ600 or SRX 600CC???

latenightcustom
This post is 6696 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey guys and gals, I have this bike siting in the back of my shop. Its a 600cc 86 or 87 yamaha sport bike. What could it be? Where can I find information on the bike. There are no body panles or modle number. Is there a vin decoader because there is a Vin on the bike. There is only 13K on the bike but it has been sitting a long time and needs a ton off work. As of now it needs tires carbs body parts keys and a title LOL. What is the bike worth.

Thanks Jordan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Admin

Well i was going to say how long is a ball of string????

Think we will need a BIT more than just the age! :o

A good place to start might be........How many cylinders does it have? :unsure:

That should determine whether it's an FZ or an SRX ;)

BTW... :welcome: to the forum.

Hi there mate, heres an idea. Take off a part that has a part number on it (eg. front or rear sprocket etc.) then take it to a motorcycle spares shop, (one that uses computers to order parts in) Ask for a replacement, and when they ask what model it's for, just tell them you bought a project bike and have no idea what it is. they will then type the part number in, and bob's yer uncle!. Just a thought anyway.

Hey every one I think its a 86 FZ :( 40HP and looked at it closer to day. It should be junked LOL but I love old sport bikes. :blink: I will be getting a title for it and want not but she will need a ton of parts. To start a list for Sh*ts and grins: Carbs, Cam cover and engin cover, brakes, Brakes master cyclinder, tires, plugs wires, Seats repaded... All the body panles, KEYS/starter switch, F+R turns signals, new grips, new wheel bearings and seals and Im sure much more...

Things that will be done to restore/rebuild the bike other then whats in the list above, Every metal part will be polished or powdercoated, all fiberglass or plastic parts will be painted. Im thiking Flat Black with polished pegs and the lips of the rims... What do you think???

Im thiking Flat Black with polished pegs and the lips of the rims... What do you think???

Cool paint scheme! ;)

That'd look tight on an '86 FZ B)