DT 125R rolls in gear

Steve30
This post is 3715 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi,

Ok so I replaced the clutch plates in my DT 125R, put it all back together new gasket, oil, new coolant and also a new clutch cable as the old one was frayed. The bike fires up fine ticks over perfect. The clutch mechanism on the engine side lines up with the marking on the casing.

The problem is when I put it in gear and let the clutch out it doesn't move just continues to idle and I can do this for every gear and also if the bike is off and I put it in gear there is a tiny bit of resistance but I can push it back and fourth?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

you assembled it wrong steve, was there some rubber damper rings between the plain plates? my guess is that you put two of these in next to each other instead of either side of a plain plate...just a guess though but you'll have to strip it down again

BTW did you put all the plain plates in as you should...theres a right way to do it...know what i'm talking about?

Hi, there was no rubber damper rings, I had put the plates in going in the order of:

Friction plate then a metal plate.

The second friction plate in was the one plate that was the smallest of the 7

That happens so many times ,people fail to notice that it will only fit 1 way and fully seat. Yamaha even put arrows and dots on some

• Like 1

That happens so many times ,people fail to notice that it will only fit 1 way and fully seat. Yamaha even put arrows and dots on some

Yeah, I should have payed a lot more attention whilst disassembling instead instead of ripping it all out like a madman.

Lesson learned and something that will be avoided In the future...

Yeah, I should have payed a lot more attention whilst disassembling instead instead of ripping it all out like a madman.

Lesson learned and something that will be avoided In the future...

Get yourself a workshop manual steve ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online