Hi all, I'm a new rider looking for help

Kolfan
This post is 3717 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all, I've been riding my xvs dragstar 125 for almost 2 years now on cbt and have had an accident recently. The bike has sustained a few cosmetic injuries in the form of scratched mirror and crash bars and rear indicator but the worst damage is the handlebars which are bent, I have replacement bars but as I'm still a Noob at fixing everything (I've done a fair bit as I have been riding for a while but not a great deal) I was wondering if I could get help on the removal of the old bars and the fitting of the replacement bars and instruments, thanks a lot for any help you can give

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the club, Hopefully your stick about so i'll help out.

Disassembly

1. Remove wing mirrors (as they get in the way)
  2. Use a flat head screw driver to free up the left hand grip then twist and pull it off (use some GT85 spray to lube it up if need be)
  3. Remove the clutch lever by loosening the nut and pulling it off
  4. Loosen the two phillips screws on the horn/indicator/high and low beam controls (don't take the screws all the way out)
  5. Loosen the two phillips screws on the throttle controls (Again dont take them screws all the way out) then slide the throttle off
  6. Loosen the bolts on the front brake and slide it off (dont leave it hanging as it may leak DOT4 over your bike and then your fucked)
  7. Un-do the four 6mm Hex key bolts on the handle bar risers and ditch the bent bars (note that there is an arrow on the risers telling you the way they fit back on

RE-assembly

1. Fit handle bars and bolt loosely with the risers in the correct direction (just nip the bolts up to stop them dropping on the tank / head light)
  2. Fit the front brake
  3. Fit the throttle unit
  4. Fit the clutch
  5. Fit the horn/indicator/high and low beam controls
  6. Slide the left hand grip back on
  7. Sit on the bike
  8. Possision the bars where they feel best for you and tighten the four hex key bolts
  9. Possision the rest of the controls where you want them and tighten all the screws and bolts / nuts
  10. Have a cuppa
  11. :)
  • Like 3

^ THIS is how we do forum replies in the YOC!!!

Good work Noisy! ;)

• Like 1

Now do we get a reply :eusa_think::popcorn:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online