Smoked indicators for YBR

JayDee86
This post is 3636 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

What's wrong with the original ones it came with? :eusa_think:

1. Go on Ebay,
  2. type in Indicators
  3. take your pick
  4. Buy the ones you like
  5. sign for them at post office as your bound to be out (i always am)
  6. open box
  7. remove old indicators
  8. fit new ones
  9. find out that one of them has a blown bulb
  10. buy set of 4 bulbs
  11. fit new bulb
  12. swear exesivly as you have just snapped the lense
  13. log back into Ebay
  14. regret leaving possitive feed back
  15. buy the more expensive ones that you first saw
  16. repeat steps 5 - 8
  • Like 3

Take the lenses off you originals. Get any old tin of black aerosol paint.

Put a light mist coat across the inside of the lense. It wont look dark but you will be surprised. Then refit.

Brightness almost unafected. And you dont have to suffer the crappy aftermarket things.

• Like 2

Still don't know what was wrong with the original ones?

I just have don't like the look of the stock ones. Obviously it's not exactly a pretty bike anyway and I won't be spending any other money on mods at all.. just for some reason the indicators are standing out to me and I'd like to swap them.

Oh Ok then that's fair enough I suppose, we all buy stuff we don't really need just cos we think it will look good, try the above idea about spraying your lenses and see what that looks like first, if your going to fit new ones anyway it might surprise you. :jossun:

Why would you want to change to smoked lenses? Surely this is just asking for some car driver to shunt you up the a##e as your going to turn right and then to say sorry I didn't see your indicators. And don't be surprised if this happens and your insurance company refuse to pay out as you've changed the lenses from standard.