Hello from South Wales

This post is 3723 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Newbie so be gentle .. 40yrs young and love my bikes and I've had a few in the past newest one is a project moped which started as a bet and grown from there in fact it's why I've come to join the group as looking for some advise on tuning or identifying what work the yamaha jog lc has undergone. I know nothing about these peds only that it has apparently had a mid race kit ?? 3.5 mallosi rollers carbs been up jetted and has a yasuni pipe all of which means bugger all to me hence the reason to fill my brain with as much wisdom from you guys as poss bike does start and ride but once off auto choke it seems to bog down and needs to be revved or it dies ?? Mixture screws been messed with and couldn't find the factory settings for it either any help will be very much appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi minion thankyou for the warm welcome in my experience tuneing a 2t 50 is asking for trouble they just blow up take it back to standard and save the heart ache

Thanks for the reply I'm not looking to tune it to death as a 50cc just to have it running A little better the main problem is it not ticking over I've tried searching for the standard carb settings but without any luck I'm sure I've read somewhere the mixture screw should be screwed in fully then back out 2 and a half turns ?? I've also seen lots of topics on different colour springs and roller weights but have no idea what they mean or what they should be as standard

Hi B.B. " :wavey: Its fuel starvation anyway,, as the choke is supplimenting a choked pilot jet , or low float level, or fuel filtre blockage,/

Start a new thread in workshop , as this could run on, and this is the newbee section :ssst: ,,

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online