1994 yamaha dtr 125 power valve help

drkdemon176
This post is 3727 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi all

had this dt a few months now and everything seems to be sweet apart from the manual power valve system doesent seem like the power value is kicking in maybe set to closed I don't know what is the best way to set these sort of power valve systems or should I buy a servo for it I am un-sure tbh.... don't know what to do or could I set it fully open or will this cause damage to the engine ?????

any help would would be much appreciated

many thanks

gaz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Gaz,Do you have a manual for your bike? that should tell you all you need to know about how it's setup and how to test if it's working mate.

The power valve was designed to give bottom end power to a high state of tune 2stroke,, If the exhaust port is cut high . it gives big power increase ,as in the TZ& YZ race bikes of the 1970s, but you have to slip the clutch on take off ,as there is little bottom end power, So the valve was introdused to road bikes to give drivability in towns etc, as the valve stayes closed , when power is needed, the valve opens the exhaust port hieght- and big power is released,,,

Hi slice

I do tbh... but it doesent say anything about manual pvs the servo might of been taken at some point I am unsure all I know is it's not kicking in , I was told to set it to open full but don't know if that's a good idea tbh.. I don't honestly know ..

thanks for your replay

gaz

The choice you have is to set it fully open and loose all bottem end or install a elec. servo. How is the manualy PV set up to work do you have to actualy move a cable/lever to make it work?

Yours has been removed obviously, is the wires still there,,,there are posts on this ,just search at top of page,,,lots of DT info,, :yeah:

So how is the PV working? Or is it held in one position?

You could build a cable/lever to have it closed or partly open in the city and open it fully for running the highway,but putting the servo back on would be the best.

Open the cover on the end of the barrel and see where it's set if it's not set then set it open till you get a servo or not

At full revs they are open anyway,re jetting will help with the temp's. Get to reading the old posts and then figure out what you need to futher know

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online