Fuel pump failure?

sainz92
This post is 3589 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This is the first thread that I posted on here, so I'm hoping its in the right area!

I have had my wr125r for around 7 months now and up until a few weeks ago it was working fine on everyday use, now when I turn the key there is no whine from the fuel pump, it will turn over but it won't ignite. I have changed the battery in hope that the battery was the problem as it failed a drop test and I was advised to get a new one. I have put a multimeter on both the battery and the fuel pump, the battery is reading 12.48 volts and the pump power point is reading around 12.33, but when I turn the key there is still no whine. I have opened the fuel cap and turned the key to listen if there is any noise from the pump, but all I can hear when I turn the key is a clunk coming from the bottom of the tank but no whining.. Is my fuel pump knackered?

Thanks

Sainz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yes saintz . remove tank,, its an easy fix,,,, now go introduse yourself,,, and not be a one post wonder,,,, :fingerwave:

Yup fuel pump is fucked.

• Like 1

Thanks guys removed the tank and old pump tonight, new one is on order, I'll update the thread when I have fitted the new one.

Thanks again guys!

Time to go introduce myself!

Whey hay " :spin2: , good you got the tools out,,, i "v seen a scouring pad sucked into a fuel pump on R6.. and bubble wrap on YBR125 ... how it got in there :shrug:

Fitted the new pump tonight and the wr125 fired back into life! Couldn't be happier!! Thanks again guys

I might open the old pump up to see what may have caused the failure.. If it's anything as unexpected as scouring pads or bubble wrap i'll let you know haha!

• Like 1

:thumb: Job done.....glad you reported back,,,as 1 hitters just disappear ,,,