Astley Green Winding Engine

drewpy
This post is 3727 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Went to Astley green and they started up the winding engine which is now a rare occurrence.

S'pose you have to like steam engines

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Neat to see old stuff like that,not going to go into your local nut and bolt supplier and pick up a con rod nut for that are you LOL

What was it used for orignaly?

Neat to see old stuff like that,not going to go into your local nut and bolt supplier and pick up a con rod nut for that are you LOL

What was it used for orignaly?

Astley Green was a deep coal mine dt, it's for the lift shaft

its a winding engine, takes miners down at 30 mph and coal at 60 mph when under full steam.

if you look on the floor when I pan round the corner there are spare piston rings on the floor :eusa_think:

I noticed the tools,you would get a workout just lifting them,wouldnt want to drop that wrench on your foot. :eusa_snooty::hah:

I don't like working on transport rigs (lories?) because of the size of everything and was watching some stuff about freight liner engines thinking ,how in the hell do you fix anything at sea when it all has to lifted by a crane. The guy was standin inside the cylinder the size of a swimming pool and the complete eng was 6 stories high.

Working on that steam eng would be a night mare! I'll stick to cars and bike's thank you

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online