exhaust query confused please help

debrickmark
This post is 3621 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Want to change from a standard pipes on my midnight star 1300 for noisy pipes but dont want to re map the engine. Does anyone know if I can get noisy pipes/exhausts that dont require the mapping the engine?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Most aftermarket pipes will require a remap, there is no getting around it. Noisy pipes are noisy because they allow the gasses straight through, which means lower back pressure, which means leaner mixture, which means popping and farting and general poor running.

Yep as Tout said, there is no way round it with any bike, you either have to re-map them or re-jet them depending if you own a carb or a injection bike.

Not so guys! if its injected the o2 sensor should do the maping all by its self, the job of the o2 is to tell the puter if the mix is lean or rich and then the puter adjust's to sute.

So if all your looking for is a louder bike then any with provisions for a o2 sensor will work ,as with anything though you get what you pay for.You should be able to find some slip on's to do the job from one of the good companys who have been in the exhaust bussiness for years.Stay away from the companys that sell cheap stuff,they will be rusting befor you get them on the bike.

Ok dt, so what does a remapping do? Is it to change the power band or something?

I'll admit my experience is only with carbed bikes needing rejetting when fitting freer flowing pipes.

I don't know anything about remapping but I put Cobbra slip ons on my midnight star and I do suffer from some popping and farting, I would like to stop this but am not sure of the way forward, can anyone help?

By the way the cheeky bugger at my local Yamaha dealer put an advisory on my MOT he said my pipes were noisy.

O2 sensor mod works well with slip-on such as Cobra [sscustomcycles do great prices & selection]. If you go for a full exhaust system you'll need a remap or something like a power commander. If full system, you probably ought to fit an after market air intake too.

One of my mates put a full Vance Heines system on his Midnight Star 1900 without any issues at all. I thought that he would prob have to remap. I had slip ons on my vn900 but the lambda sensors did what they were supposed to and the computer sorted me out.

If only my carbs were that easy to sort!!!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online