RZ123LC clutch issue

eeden01
This post is 3728 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi gents

Clutc on my rz/rd started to slip. Replaced the cluch plates but left the original steel plates. Now it won't even engage. In first I let go of the clutch but feels like its still in newtral.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Just a thought but did you remember to put the ball bearing back in after you took the clutch apart? You would be surprised how many people lose this thing when they have the clutch apart. I think most bikes have it on the end of the push rod. :eusa_doh:

Clutch cable is good, clutch engages and disengages when pulling the lever, mmmm I didn't even know about or see a ball bearing. Have to go check that first. Is it just one ball or a complete bearing that fits on the end?

Cable is ok , cool . Just make sure it has some slack . If a ball bearing was missing the clutch would not disengage , rather than slipping as yours seems to be . You'll have to search for an exploded diagram online to find out if the bike has a clutch pushrod bearing . Some do , some don't .

If it's not the cable you'll have to remove the clutch cover and recheck the clutch centre bolt and the spring retaining bolts for tightness .

P.s . It's usually just one ball that sits between the clutch pushrod and the lifter plate .

Rotate the pressure plate 1 hole you have installed it wrong. If the ball were missing then it would be engauged all the time.

Hi Guys

Ok found the problen, incorrect parts given :madflame: Clutch plates are to thin... New ones are thinner than my worn ones, spings are botteming out and not compressing the plates hard enogh. Started to think i was stuped or something.

Thanks for the help, was my first time doing a clutch.

Shit like that shouldn't happen but it does,you give them year make model they look up part ,,,ship part ,,simple NOOOOOO.

Unless your bought a barnett clutch they use 1 extra steel and fiber all thinner of course.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online