dtr power valve ????

dsb2014
This post is 3613 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i again all. always apreciate the help z get from u guys. im in a pickle now again lol. ive had the valve pinned open since i got it. i have now got a servo and setting it up has me puzzled. its got more bottom end but red lines with no boost. ive set it in the closed position after its cleaning cycle. is this right or not. im led to belive id get top and bottom end benifits but i seem to only get bottom ?????

thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nope the PV only help bottem/mid end power if you set it right by letting it go through the cleaning cycle and lined it up then thats what you get,the difference is now the bike is pulling clean through the rev range,instead of being a dog till it hits the right revs to come on like a light switch.

Do a timed distance run over a set length and you will see your bike is quicker with the PV.

cheers mate. so wen ive got my exhaust off after the cleaning cycle the exhaust port should be in the fully open position. thiats what im strugglong with ive done it that the exhuast ports fully closed after the cycle