Blonde moment - dipstick

mcferreira100
This post is 3603 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Thought I would check the oil on the XL185 today and it was low. Tookthe dipstick out but then got involved with charging a battery on a scooter so forgot to tighten it. Then went for 10km ride to get something. Outside the shop noticed puddle of oil under the bike..looked closer..NO DIPSTICK..and back of bike full of oil. Oil was already low so thought now there is nothing in there. Rode it home very gently with a gaping hole where the dipstick was and made it back ok...no funny noises developed (says something about these old engines). Retraced my ride with the DT but no dipstick lying anywhere. So guess I`m in the market for a Honda XL185 dipstick.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yer i've been there too, (Well not with a dipstick problem as such) i was the dipstick who didn't do a oil and filter change, found out it was low when i had a knocking sound. long story short £700 out of pocket and a new crank con rods and big ends plus engine strip down etc i now have oil in the bike :eusa_snooty::eusa_doh::biglaugha:

Where's the DIPSTICK ? Riding the bike !!! :biglaugha: :biglaugha:

• Like 1

Yep..I will own up to that..feel like a right idiot. And now now can`t get one anywhere..had to order off Ebay for $20..@#$%&#@$.

Bad luck mate at least you know who to blame !! Anyone who says they haven't done something similar is a damned liar. :shakeno:

• 3 weeks later...

2nd hand dipstick arrived all the way from the States.

Also scored a brand new speedo for 5 pounds.

2014-07-11110244_zps215f0a15.jpg

Well that has to be the bargain of the year mate, well done and it will look smart on your newly rebuilt bike. :jossun:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online