DT125RE Wiring to DT125r

hadley8899
This post is 3742 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, This is my first post so please watch out for the newbie mistakes

Basically i am in the middle of a project and have hit a bit of a stop, As i am fitting a new style engine to an old wiring loom i need some in into wiring them together (Reason being i have gone away with starter motor and in the case to make it all seem right i am going away with the wiring in which goes with it), All the bolts were snapped in the starter motor housing so i decided rather than to strip the engine to drill and tap i would fit a kick start. and also go away with the starter motor switch. also i much prefer the old style clocks with rev counter.

Basically ive got the new style stator plate and it seems to have totally different wiring to the old stator. I could fit the old style stator but it will recuire me going away with the dremel to take some lugs off as the crank casing is machined differently which i found out today.

On the old style stator and on the loom i have;

White blue

White red

These are in one connection block (going to CDI)

Yellow red(Going to light switch)

White(going to regulator)

Black(I think recifier)

Blue(Neutrel Relay)

The other connection block

Red Black

Green White

In a connection block going to CDI

This all fits my loom perfectly

Now on the new style engine i have

Blue(single bullet end)

White Blue

Red Blue

White

White

White

|Blue Green

Green White

Red Black

Basically what im asking for is a clear wiring diagram for the DT125RE Or some advice on wiring these together

Do you Think it would be easier to Go away with dremel or Wire into my loom ?

Thanks in advanced for any advice

Ryan

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

And also i am very sorry to barge in straight to a question, I will do a little build thread shortly.

I have a reasonable amount of knowledge about bikes having restored and owned alot of so i will be very happy to contribute to the community.

Cheers and have a good en :)

Ryan :hyper:

Hy Ryan welcome on,all i can offer is to go to your local dealer they can print off wireing diagrams and sit down and work it out.

The 3 white will be for the voltage reg and the blue with bullet netural,mabey some of the others here who know the bike better can help more.

Hello, Ive spent the day sorting it out and ive got it started :D very good start :D

Ill spend tomorrow now testing the electrics to see if it is actually giving out voltage to the right places

Ill do a quick write up when its all finished to show how i did it just in case anyone in the future is going to fit a new style engine to an old bike

Cheers

Ryan

2014-06-15125611_zps5fe04bbb.jpg

That was just a test to see if my image appears :eusa_think:

Success :D

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online