DT175 Clutch problem

wee wee
This post is 3745 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone,

Here is my first post hope i am doing everything properly.

I have a problem with the clutch on my 2005 dt175.

The clutch deosn't engage properly.

When the bike is off and in neutral the wheel move freely. good. but when in gear and the clutch leaver fully pulled then the wheel make the engine turn...

Its is not because of the clutch cable because it happen when the clutch leaver on the engine is fully moved forward with a plier.

So what could be the problem and how could I fix it ?

Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

The reverse bearing is stuck. Or you could try adjustint the pressure plate set screw.Hellos are always nice in the new members section

So you have moved the clutch lever on the engine fully forward and the clutch then disengaged?

sounds to be that the simplist and cheepest thing to do fisrt is to adjust the clutch cable up on the handle bar lever and on the adjuster further down the cable (mounted on the engine normally) i'd think about changing the cable too just incase it is stretched.

The more costly / timely method is the only thing you can do after that as this will involve either changing the clutch plates (doubtful) or as DT50 said the pressure plate set screw needs adjusting

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online