DT125 O1W

aldwin
This post is 3643 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

we're just issued this mc,DT125 O1W, when i tried to start the engine,it starts but with alot of smoke coming from the pipe. and also it doesn,t have idle, you need to always throttle it to keep the engine running. what is wrong with this bike?

• 3 months later...
Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Aldwin, I have one aswell. First, the idling. Remove the carb and open the float at the bottom. There should be 2 jets. Your main jet (revs) and a pilot jet (idle). Make sure that this pilot jet is clean properly. If everything is cleaned, assemble the carb put it back and connect the tank.

There should be 2 screws on the same side as the choke. one with a spring and another at the airbox side. The screw with the spring is the idling screw. The other is the air mixture. so try this but be carefull. Turns in both these screws, but not to tight. then turn counterclockwise, 3turns for air screw, and 2 turns for idle screw.

Let me know if this helps!

Good luck

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online