75 dt 400 out of time?

yamahamike
This post is 3737 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, I've got a bike that starts, idles fine but 3/4 throttle backfires pretty bad. Messed with the timing no change. Put a timing light on it and seems like the mark on the magneto is about 2" early on the pulsar pick up. So, maybe the cdi? Someone cut out a lot of the wiring to make it more of a dirt bike. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Sounds more like the coil is breaking down,I would swap out the coil first.

Well you dont have alot of options here,pick up coil and cdi are the only 2 things left.Check all connections to ensure they are not vibrating loose ignition switch and kill switch as well.

Most of wiring is cut out, no key but I tried connecting the red and brown wire out of the terminal, no change. Will check wiring again. And woodruff key is good

Cdi no points, no key and the kill switch is a wire that you touch to the handle bars. No blinkers , no headlight, no voltage regulater, and the only electronics left is the cdi box.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online