Yamaha DT RE 2006 wont start.

magzix
This post is 3740 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Okay im from norway, so ill try my best to explain in english as the best as i can maybe bad english (warning) haha

Okay so i was riding my yamaha to the gym the other day, and it started up fine with the choke (more air or gass?) took the choke off, drived to the gym, trained for 50 minutes, went back and my Bike wouldt start.. so i needed to take it home with my car.

So ive been cleaning the carb, checked that the plug had spark, and it sparked, tried to roll my bike puting it into gear, it's comp in the bike no problems there either and it still wont start.. its the same sound when i try to start it, it goes around, but no ignition? whatsoever..

So i have no idea what to check now it wont start with the Electric start or rolling it to gear. seems like it maybe doesnt get gas.. because the plug dident get wet.. not quite sure but.. i dont think it did.. cleaned the carb it was okay when i took it off, so accutally no need to clean it so its kinda weird.. it stopped starten all the sudden after i just left it for 50 minutes after driving that day..

what to do now.. ? it seems like it doesnt suck the gas anymore.. not sure but it doesnt get ignition atleast.. so weird because it went well the same day.. cant it be any electric do check or any other stuff someone knows? please explain to me in details what to do atleast..

spark/+new plug check

carb is clean check

engine has comp check (friend pushed me on the bike while in gear, it was heavy to push and no ignite and you heard that it has comp, otherwise it wouldt been so hard to roll either im i right? )

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Try taking the spark plug out and pour about 10ml of gas directly in the cylinder repalce spark plug and try to start if it fires up and runs for a bit then the carb is not right.

also choke adds more gas not air.

• 2 weeks later...

Put it in 2nd gear, pull in the clutch and then get your mate to push you (will be easier to push with clutch in rather than being in gear) at a good spped about 5MPH dump the clutch and see if she tries to start.

Is the fuel pump working? (if it has one)