Dragstar 650 rectifier needing replacement

Toutsuite
This post is 3646 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

What colour cables are going into the 6 pin white plug?

No need to get one specially made with long leads

These peolpe can supply you with plug connectors/spades etc to make standard rr fit your existing lead

www.vehicleproducts.co.uk

Its what I did with mine as previous owner had bodged the connections

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That is bizzarre as feck...

Looking at the Yammie microfiches, it seems you have the 2002 XVS650p/pc, whereas most models have the same unit as used on the 2002 650ap/apc.

That's a bit of a bugger...

I suggest as NSD does and get an extension cable made up so you can fit a normal unit. It'll be cheaper than a custom reg/rec, for sure!

The nice people at electrex in Oxford have agreed to make me a reg rec with an extra long cable for an extra tenner. One that unplugs both ways, so should not be a problem in future. Thanks again for all the advice peeps, saved me having to return incompatible parts!

Tout, what is the big white 6 pin connector in the 1st pic? was that connected to any thing?

That is the RR connector, hence the cable length issue.

What colour cables are going into the 6 pin white plug?

No need to get one specially made with long leads

These peolpe can supply you with plug connectors/spades etc to make standard rr fit your existing lead

www.vehicleproducts.co.uk

Its what I did with mine as previous owner had bodged the connections

Thanks for that NSD, rang them this morning, they didn't have the plug in question.

And it looks like Electrex haven't delivered on their promises either, a rather bored lady on the phone said there is no lead time for my order (though they said it should be ready end of last week). Couldn't wait to get me off the phone. Told them to stuff it. Looks like I'll have to go OEM in the end...

Thanks for that NSD, rang them this morning, they didn't have the plug in question.

And it looks like Electrex haven't delivered on their promises either, a rather bored lady on the phone said there is no lead time for my order (though they said it should be ready end of last week). Couldn't wait to get me off the phone. Told them to stuff it. Looks like I'll have to go OEM in the end...

Whoooaaa..

I got around the plug connectivity problem by carefully cutting away the yam plug from the spades inside of it. The spades then push into the VWP plug and lock in using the tabs

Do the same at the other end

Make up a lead using the other ends of the VWP plugs

Hope that makes sense

That means you can buy a RR from M&P for example, and make up an intermediate lead, VWP sell all the spades/cable/heat shrink etc to do it

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online