RZ 500 wheel suitable for SRX?

Jon Snow
This post is 3750 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I live in Australia and recently purchased a 1985 SRX 600 (1JK model) as a grey import. Great bike however it is running an SRX 400 rear wheel. I have sourced and found an RZ 500 wheel from the same build period that is the correct mag design however it is a 3.00 x 18 whereas the standard wheel is a 2.75 x 18. If someone can assist with info about the compatibility of this larger rim and whether it will be a fit, would be appreciated. I am hoping, given it from the same period, that Yamaha sourced the RZ wheel from the parts bin and therefore most of the hardware from my rim can be swapped over. Thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi normaly people like you to say hi first and then post questions in the workshop area, The 1/4 inch wont make a hill of beans difference in fitting the wheel.What i would do is check the brake disc and see if it's the same part # for both bikes or have the seller measure the bolt pattern and see if it's the same,have them confirm the bearing #'s as most from that era were 6302 or 6303 if memeory serves me.If the bearings are the same then it will be a direct fit if not you willl need to change the bearing to fit your axel.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online