Yamaha Jog RR 50cc Malossi sports cylinder kit

This post is 3573 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

This is my first posting on your Forum and thanks for letting me join. My name is Colin, From North Devon and I am semi retired, have to keep doing a bit to fund my hobbies, namely Land Rover ownership, playing with my former inshore lifeboat and flying, also my enduring love 2 wheels!

Now for a question if I may, although I ride my Diversion quite a bit I find myself using my Jog RR more and more, because of it's lightness and my painful back. Last week I fitted A Malossi 50cc sports cylinder kit with VERY disappointing results, as it appears to have a very narrow power band. I went for the 50cc kit rather than a 70 because of it's mileage (13,000) and not wanting to put too much extra strain on this mature engine. Anyhow, I have tried everything this former aviation engineer can think of in the way of jetting and adjustments but after an initial power surge on take off there is nothing left. Apart from the Malossi cylinder kit it has a 17.5 Dellorto carb and Leo Vince exhaust, Malossi reed valves and variator.

Any help or advice would be much appreciated, as I am so bitterly disappointed I've reverted to the original cylinder and the thing buzzes once more, thank God.

Colin (Helicopter)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the YOC Colin, you sound like a chap who likes to keep busy !!! May I suggest that you put your question about the JOG in the WORKSHOP area where more people will see it? This area is just your usual Hi I'm ??? and we say Hi back. :jossun:

Hi colin " :welcome: whitch make of Landy,,, i"v a 300 TDI ,,just turned 300,000 mls.. :drive: . engine untouched,, org turbo too.

:welcome:

:welcome: colin, RAF Chivenor by any chance?

used to fly model planes off there ( with permission of course)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online