Carbs interchangeable?

gavlar1200
This post is 3749 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi there, my name is gav I have an xvs650 classic. I've run into trouble with it, namely I sent the carbs to our ultrasonic tank at work and they've been misplaced. I can't kick off about it because it was a side job. I bought a spares or repairs set as I have all the internals from the old ones.. But, where the needle comes through to the underside of the carb there is a brass insert missing. My question is do any other carbs fit say from a virago as finding another set is proving very difficult. Or does anyone have any for sale? Thanks in advance for any help

Gav

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi gav" there are a few XV owners on here , they will come good with an answer. :yeah: be patient,,

I have a set of XVS650 carbs sat in my shed all in bits as when i stripped them down the outter cassing snapped on me so had to buy a second hand set. if you show me what part you need then i'll check to see if i have got it and Pm you.

Actually that's a good question when you think about it, what other carbs will fit other bikes? I mean if you have an older bike but need a carb upgrade why not use ones off of something else? Yamaha will not spend any money they don't have to if they have carbs that work on one type of bike then simply re-jet and fit them to another bike and save all the R & D money. :eusa_think: Unless you know different of course !!!

I mean my XJ has the same engine as the 650- 700 - 900 so in theory the carbs will fit or am I missing something (insert joke here) obvious?

Wow, thanks for the replies everyone. I'm having trouble with my photobucket (amongst everything else) but the parts I need are the brass tube that goes through the body of the carb. It's where the needle fits into when the throttle is shut? It is held in on the underside by a tiny pin. I need 2. I hope that makes sense.

Ok mate, i'll go and dig them out tonight and see what nick they are in, im 99% sure they are fine but they been sat in me shed for about a year or so,

• Like 1

Pm'd you mate

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online