Guys need help in understanding an issue with my FZS

VinXCz
This post is 3748 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I own a Yamaha FZS bike, now four years old. I'm experiencing problems during revving up the bike to high speeds. The engine gives up suddenly, the throttle doesn't respond(like what you face when the fuel tank goes dry), but the fuel tank is full, battery is recently charged. Then I need to keep the bike idle for around 10 - 15 minutes, then the engine check light blinks and then i can start the bike again but not for long when this happens again.

I have changed the whole electrical wiring twice now but doesn't seem to solve the problem. It works good till a week after servicing the bike, but then this starts again.

Please guys help me out to fix this.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

From your description it sounds like some form of fuel starvation.

Simple things first.

Check the fuel cap of the tank to ensure the breather is not blocked/partially blocked.

or it may have a rubber gasket which has become 'stuck'

If its blocked as the fuel is used, a vacuum is created above the fuel which will in turn stop the fuel from leaving the tank.

As you throttle up, you use more fuel and the vacuum is created. The throttle doesn't respond (like what you face when the fuel tank goes dry).

May be helpful?

Mine is a carb type. 5 year old now. I have opened the fuel pipe and checked, the fuel flow is normal. no blockage. now there s one more issue that's come up. I have replaced my old battery because it was almost 4 year old. When i try to start the engine, it just gives cranking noise continuously but doesn't start. Full fuel, full battery but no use. Any clues where to start.?

First thing to check is spark,pull the spark plugs and lay them on the cylinder start bike as normal and see if you have any spark.

Don't think Iridium plugs draw more power than normal plugs they are just more conductive than ordinary metals so giving you a better cleaner spark, as to your original problem sounds like you have a dead coil pack if your getting no spark at all, tho it might be a fuse or earth problem, try taking the coils off and checking the wiring and the earth points. :jossun:

Thanks guys, this has helped a lot, I'm able to start the bike now :spin2::spin2: ...one more help needed though, when the bike is in neutral, the accelerator response is very good, but when changed to first or second gear the response is quite bad at lower rpm, higher rpm is again good. Any suggestions on this...!!