slipping clutch

chorley20
This post is 6659 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I got a thunderace and just changed the clutch plates and fitted new friction plates and stronger springs, i still have a problem with the clutch slipping, unless i am mistaken and its a power band kicking in. I have changed all the clutch lines to braided, changed the master cylinder and flushed the system and replaced with new fluid and bleed the system

I also have a problem but its not there all the time it takes approx 3 months to develop, the clutch hydraulic piston on the left hand side pushes to far out and eventually it pushes the clutch plates completly out. You end up with no clutch, until you take the left hand housing off, undue the bleed nipple and push the piston back into the housing. Does anyone know where i can get a new piston and seal for the thunderace in the north-west of england?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I got a thunderace and just changed the clutch plates and fitted new friction plates and stronger springs, i still have a problem with the clutch slipping, unless i am mistaken and its a power band kicking in. I have changed all the clutch lines to braided, changed the master cylinder and flushed the system and replaced with new fluid and bleed the system

I also have a problem but its not there all the time it takes approx 3 months to develop, the clutch hydraulic piston on the left hand side pushes to far out and eventually it pushes the clutch plates completly out. You end up with no clutch, until you take the left hand housing off, undue the bleed nipple and push the piston back into the housing. Does anyone know where i can get a new piston and seal for the thunderace in the north-west of england?

this sounds like its the same problem on both counts.

All hydraulic master cylinders have a tiny return hole within the resevoir and if this is blocked or partially blocked, won't return the compressed fluid back into the resevior. This will lift your clutch plates away the more you use the clutch (causing slip) and then eventually pop out the clutch piston.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online