XJ900S 2001 Fork Oil weight and quantity

This post is 3625 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome dave, its down to you , how did you like the handling on stock oil.? if its a firmer -less dive your after , go for heavier oil,

:welcome:

Thanks for that , I've not actually ridden it yet just waiting for two horns then to take it for an MOT. I've been told it has Ohlins internals as the originals dived a bit too much for the previous owners liking. Do you know how much to put it or the air gap by any chance ? Dave

Hi Dave, the usual weight for the fork oil is 10W and if your not sure then buy a standard fork oil from you local dealer or off of the net, as to the amount then you "HAVE" to buy a manual as it will tell you what the precise measurements are for your particular bike, if you have not ridden it yet you should start out with the normal/original settings then work out what's best for you as you go along. :jossun:

My bike's manual says sae 10 30 motor oil. I asked my local bike shop what was the equivalent fork oil, he said 10w.

have a look at your manual for details of whats needed for your bike