Advice on the tt

shaun_1990
This post is 3759 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone looking for abit of advice regarding iom tt 2015

Me & a fried looking at going over to watch, but when I have been on the site to look at packages & stuff i'm left abit confused, can anyone advise how they have gone about it i.e, pay for everything individually like ferry, camping/hotel or as a package.

Any help would be great along with past experiences :)

Thanks in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I went last year and booked it all separately, book you ferry's soon as pos if your taking your bikes. I tried to book for this year, last november and couldn't get the bike on I stayed at the official I O M TT campsite which was only a short distance from the paddock

I only went for start of pratice week had a great time, can't fail not too as long as you get good weather.

whats the dates next year, try and get time booked off work

Last time I went I booked it all separate but that was a few years ago, check what advantages you get with a package if something goes wrong such as no room at the inn, could be advantageous.

I went last year and booked it all separately, book you ferry's soon as pos if your taking your bikes. I tried to book for this year, last november and couldn't get the bike on I stayed at the official I O M TT campsite which was only a short distance from the paddock

I only went for start of pratice week had a great time, can't fail not too as long as you get good weather.

Cheers tommy, we would be booking very soon I know I had a look for this years but it wasn't going to happen, may be rude but what sort of cost did it come out at if you don't mind me asking??

whats the dates next year, try and get time booked off work

30th may to the 12th of June, or so it looks that way haha

Last time I went I booked it all separate but that was a few years ago, check what advantages you get with a package if something goes wrong such as no room at the inn, could be advantageous.

Will bare that in mind and have a look :)

Just had a quick look for any packages & for some reason cannot find anything to do with 2015 tt

Try these people they seem to have it all sussed out. http://www.iomttbreaks.com/packages-and-tickets/isle-of-man-tt-2015 found that in about 2 minutes of looking !! :jossun:

Thank you slice, looks about £89pp to camp with own bits & bobs or £159 for everything pre done and I just have to turn up then try and sort out a ferry :/

Sounds good to me mate, actually when I saw this I was tempted to have a go myself, so if you see a very old XJ750 or FJ1200 outside a tent in your field stop to say Hi. :jossun:

Would be good to put some faces to names so I'll bring the beers slice haha, going to catchup with my mate once he is back from France & try to get all costs worked out I then need to get "permission" from the better half as her birthday falls into the middle of the tt... & I don't want to miss the tt :/ could be an interesting conversation...

Take her with you !!!!! Tell her that as it's a special occasion and you want her to have a good time on her birthday and you found this wonderful place that you could take her for a holiday and "Oh yes and there seems to be a motorbike race going on Isn't that lucky !!!" You never know you might survive the first ten minutes :love::biglaugha: :biglaugha:

My missus loved the TT. The atmosphere. No hassle just a great place and great racing. Although the racing is better on telly.

The folks there will only see the racers 4 times a race. If your watching Dunlop he will be a blur. Recons there is a 132 in that BMW.

I did a lap on the Sunday and made it inside the qualifying time to ride. At around 26 minutes for the lap(that's about 100mph average lol) I thought my Lil six hundred suzi was going to pop.

Got to be careful too though, a German trike killed a load of riders the year I was there. All the links fahrne signs are there to stop accidents. Plenty of em forget though, red mist and all. A lot of people like riding the course in reverse too. Huh

I'm tempted to go but it's just money money money now. The classic in August though?

Take her with you !!!!! Tell her that as it's a special occasion and you want her to have a good time on her birthday and you found this wonderful place that you could take her for a holiday and "Oh yes and there seems to be a motorbike race going on Isn't that lucky !!!" You never know you might survive the first ten minutes :love::biglaugha: :biglaugha:

yeah I didn't survive the battle... I can go providing it is after her birthday which is the 30th so in theory I can go on the monday the 1st/2nd whichever it is for a week and catch the racing!! if that is something I can actually do with respect of ferrys/camping

My missus loved the TT. The atmosphere. No hassle just a great place and great racing. Although the racing is better on telly.

The folks there will only see the racers 4 times a race. If your watching Dunlop he will be a blur. Recons there is a 132 in that BMW.

I did a lap on the Sunday and made it inside the qualifying time to ride. At around 26 minutes for the lap(that's about 100mph average lol) I thought my Lil six hundred suzi was going to pop.

Got to be careful too though, a German trike killed a load of riders the year I was there. All the links fahrne signs are there to stop accidents. Plenty of em forget though, red mist and all. A lot of people like riding the course in reverse too. Huh

I'm tempted to go but it's just money money money now. The classic in August though?

yeah classic in august, I did say would take the mrs but she says wouldn't want to camp and doesn't fancy being at a track for a week... i'm trying to get her to come btcc this weekend but this isn't looking hopeful either..

still be a better atmosphere at the tt than on the tv :)

yeah I didn't survive the battle... I can go providing it is after her birthday which is the 30th so in theory I can go on the monday the 1st/2nd whichever it is for a week and catch the racing!! if that is something I can actually do with respect of ferrys/camping

yeah classic in august, I did say would take the mrs but she says wouldn't want to camp and doesn't fancy being at a track for a week... i'm trying to get her to come btcc this weekend but this isn't looking hopeful either..

still be a better atmosphere at the tt than on the tv :)

My missus was put off by being 'at the track' but it isn't. Remember once your clear of the money pits in Douglas there is plenty of normal IOM holiday stuff too. The wheel, fairy bridge. It really is a lovely place to go. If you treat the racing as a bonus to a great biking holiday she will be well happy.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online