Custom Dragstar 650 bobber

gc1978
This post is 3286 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, new to this site and have had a few dragstars over the years, all the others were standard bar the exhausts. My most recent Dragstar is a pro custom built 650, one off fabricated 3ft wide bars, fabricated mudguards and seat, hidden micro indicators, side mounted reg plate and white wall tyres, all finished in gloss black and chrome the best color combination i think. Bought this of a fella last November who had all the work done by a place called 'fooey engineering'. Did put it up on Ebay but have decided to keep it and sell my R1 instead, prefer the relaxed ride and road presence this bike gives rather than racing sports mode of the R1.

But yeah I really like the dragstars, especially how open they are to customising to get them looking very different.

heres some pics!! What do you guys think??

$_58.JPG$_58.JPG

$_58.JPG

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That looks really nice. I do like the look of gloss back and chrome. Shame about the exhausts being wrapped though, I think that spoils it. just my opinion of course.

Was this the one on Ebay going for about £4k? and was in BSH in 2013 as "............Budget bobber"?

Its a very nice Bobber, personally i flipping hate white walls but atleast its not a virago or has panniers ha ha.

Was this the one on Ebay going for about £4k? and was in BSH in 2013 as "............Budget bobber"?

Its a very nice Bobber, personally i flipping hate white walls but atleast its not a virago or has panniers ha ha.

What's up with a Virago then Noise? As for the panniers.....it is now pannier...single after I burnt one. oops! maybe i should have wrapped my exhaust. LOL.

What's up with a Virago then Noise? As for the panniers.....it is now pannier...single after I burnt one. oops! maybe i should have wrapped my exhaust. LOL.

Im a massive fan of the virago dont know why you think i hate them (ppfffttt hahahahahahaha)

im just not keen on the way they look with that swan neck frame and the way they have made the engine part of the frame. Personally it just all looks out of proportion and once fitted with panniers just looks over loaded.

Shame about your pannier tho, have you thought about putting some heat resistant tape on / inside the bottom of the new ones once you get a set?

• 3 weeks later...

personally i flipping hate white walls but atleast its not a virago or has panniers ha ha.

I'm with you on this mate, I cannot stand white-walls. Just ruin the look of a bike for me. Each to their own though.

• 10 months later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online