Engine cleaner ?

slice
This post is 3634 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Ok folks just a quick question and an answer, how do you clean really greasy engines? well I have always used stuff like GUNK or something similar but at nearly :shakeno: £8 :shakeno: a tin it's expensive so was talking to the wife (well you have to sometimes don't you) while out shopping yesterday and she suggested that if it was greasy then she would use an OVEN cleaner cos it shifts real hard to move stuff, happened to be walking past the local pound shop, for those that don't know a shop that sells everything for a pound or less, went in and bought their cheapest oven cleaner and used it today and it really does shift the greasy shit off like nothing I have ever seen and at 99p a tin, the bike I bought (FJ1200) had never been cleaned I think in the last 20 years and the stuff was thick, at least 1/2 an inch in places from a scottoiler, road grime and oil but the frame is mostly aluminium at the rear and this stuff does not mark or even effect the Ali or the engine block which is also Ali, so if your willing to suspend your disbelief for a while and spend a pound it might save you lots of money to. Also they do a pack of kitchen pot brushes that are ideal for getting in those awkward to get at places. Just thought you might like to save a few quid like I did. Happy day's. :jossun:

• Like 1

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Good tip slice" i use a brush and diesel,,,,coz its cheap.. :eusa_shifty:

Ok folks just a quick question and an answer, how do you clean really greasy engines? well I have always used stuff like GUNK or something similar but at nearly :shakeno: £8 :shakeno: a tin it's expensive so was talking to the wife (well you have to sometimes don't you) while out shopping yesterday and she suggested that if it was greasy then she would use an OVEN cleaner cos it shifts real hard to move stuff, happened to be walking past the local pound shop, for those that don't know a shop that sells everything for a pound or less, went in and bought their cheapest oven cleaner and used it today and it really does shift the greasy shit off like nothing I have ever seen and at 99p a tin, the bike I bought (FJ1200) had never been cleaned I think in the last 20 years and the stuff was thick, at least 1/2 an inch in places from a scottoiler, road grime and oil but the frame is mostly aluminium at the rear and this stuff does not mark or even effect the Ali or the engine block which is also Ali, so if your willing to suspend your disbelief for a while and spend a pound it might save you lots of money to. Also they do a pack of kitchen pot brushes that are ideal for getting in those awkward to get at places. Just thought you might like to save a few quid like I did. Happy day's. :jossun:

Slice! I just have one question, how was it their cheapest when everything is a pound :biglaugha: oh and 99p are you sure it was a pound shop :spin2:

• Like 1

OK Tommy it was a 99p shop then !!!!! :shakeno::biglaugha: