2004 dt 125 re no spark

mmcm
This post is 3771 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi my dt was running fine filled it up now it wont start. Taken spark plug out an found not sparking! Tested plug on another bike an it sparks fine. battery seems ok an am getting power to the input side of coil but nothing on output? any advice would be greatly appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi, I would say you have answered your own question really, if your getting power into the coil but nothing out then it should be the coil that is at fault, just my ten pence worth you understand. See if you can beg or borrow one from a mate and see if that cures the problem. :eusa_think:

Tried one from local garage but no joy. Have been advised if I put the power / input to coil near to earth it should really spark an I get nothing? Battery seems good 12.6v horn, lights an indicators all function as does the kill switch I'm really lost with it first bike an I'm not good on electrics:(

Take the plug cap off and check if the lead will spark. Remember you need good clea. metal for this check.

Hi the lead doesn't spark when I put it to earth. Also ive been told that the power to the coil if removed an put to earth should spark and it doesnt. I have found that there seems to be a broken wire to the ignition as when I move the wires the lights go off! How do I link out the ignition switch?

Hi the lead doesn't spark when I put it to earth. Also ive been told that the power to the coil if removed an put to earth should spark and it doesnt. I have found that there seems to be a broken wire to the ignition as when I move the wires the lights go off! How do I link out the ignition switch?

this might be the problem then eh?

How to bypass ig systems is not for open forums.

Just going to say that's a "HOW DO I STEAL THIS BIKE" question !!!!! :eusa_naughty:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online