2004 dt 125 re no spark

mmcm
This post is 3749 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi my dt was running fine filled it up now it wont start. Taken spark plug out an found not sparking! Tested plug on another bike an it sparks fine. battery seems ok an am getting power to the input side of coil but nothing on output? any advice would be greatly appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi the kill switch appears to be working correctly allows the bike to fire in one position an not in the other?

you're baffling me now, one minute theres no spark and the next you say the kill is allowing the bike to fire...whats this thread about?

Ok here's where I'm at. New battery fitted an still no spark I can't even get the input to the coil to spark if I put it to earth! Have linked the ignition switch out an still nothing. I appear to have something going to earth as when I turn the bike over and connect my meter from he frame back to the negative I get a couple of volts passing is this correct an if not what could be the cause. Still waiting on my haynes manual. Any advice greatly appreciated.

you need to check out all your negative ground points between blk wires and the frame, start with the engine to frame connection, the rectifier to frame connection and the battery negative to frame connection...have a look around these places to see if there are connections here and that they are good connections if there are

ok here an update. All ground conections checked an appear fine. Haynes manual has arrived and I am working through the fault finding process. I have got as far as testing the pulser coil which gives me a resistance read of 284 ohms which appears correct with the spec, however the generator source coil is not giving me the reading specified infact it stays at one on the wires specified? The manual says that I should strip an check for broken wires however the ends of the wires are sealed into the coils so no access. Can anyone shed any light on how to test any further so I can be sure as I said before im not good with electrics! advice on where to source a new one prices etc would be appreciated.

I got the correct reading for the pulser coil on the 200 ohms setting so when I tested the source coil I started at that got nothing an moved it up and the meter just read 1. When connected with the third wire in the plug I got a reading of 503 which is the reading specified for the TZR in the Haynes manual and my source coils match the picture in the Haynes for the TZR not my DT. I am confused anymore detail in how to correctly identify faults would be really helpful?

ok update I hate to admit it but the bike has beat me! tested the source coils again as per the other section in the manual for the 2004 model and it doesnt give me the reading shown but im not 100% sure its that so am gonna have to take her to the local bike garage who are going to charge me £50 an hr to look at it an they have already warned me it could be days! if anyone can shed any light on this it would be greatly appreciated?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online