Yamaha diversion xj600 1992

dnikoloutso
This post is 3772 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello, I just bought a yamaha diversion xj600 1992. I have the following problem (or not!). There is a slight kicking sound when I start the engine. I googled that and I found that two cylinders might not work. Also, and that might be related, at low rpm (2-3000), the engine power has some fluctuations... Other than that it runs well. How can I find out if there is indeed a problem? how bad is to ride it like that? and is that a hard and expensive thing to fix?

Thank you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi dink" i would do a compression test ,,,all will be revieled , how many miles on her, :eusa_think: ,,

And " post up in nebee section , introduction is everything,,, :yeah:

it has 24000 miles. I went to a mechanic and he told me that all the cylinders are working, so now i m left with this power fluctuations problem. to better explain it is like the engine is coughing under 4000rpm. even with a steady throttle you can feel that the power is not equally distributed. the mechanic told me that I might have to tune the carbs. Should I do the compression test?

I ll also post in the newbie section. i guess this is what you meant by neebe :)

thanks