taking my test

jafleming123
This post is 3773 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello folks

i have a yamaha yzf 125 riding on l plates with my cbt

im a confident rider and feel more than ready for my test

the question im asking is can i just book my test and go my self on my bike or is it compusary to book some lessons and go with a teacher?

thanks Jonathan :))

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

i`m not sure but I think you must make the conversion from 125 to a biger bike with a certified instructor.. that mean a few hours of riding on a big bike. for the test you can go with your own bike, but a bike over 599 CC I think and you must find a way to move the bike on the testing area. I think the L plates are also a must for the test.. well, everything I just say can be just wrong lol.

i`m not sure but I think you must make the conversion from 125 to a biger bike with a certified instructor.. that mean a few hours of riding on a big bike. for the test you can go with your own bike, but a bike over 599 CC I think and you must find a way to move the bike on the testing area. I think the L plates are also a must for the test.. well, everything I just say can be just wrong lol.

im putting in for my 125cc test until next year matey when i can do my 400cc

may I respectfully suggest that you first of all GOOGLE "passing motorcycle test", and learn about what it entails and what is expected, and the costs.

already have done, just wanted to know whether i needed an instructor or whether i could just go to the test myself

im putting in for my 125cc test until next year matey when i can do my 400cc

If you are doing your 125 test, and assuming you've already done your theory you can just book the test and turn up on your 125.

There is no obligation to have lessons before hand, but they are highly recommended, the instructors will point out what you are doing wrong and how you should be doing it and what the tester will be looking for.

Take the lessons! dont become a statistic!!!

Known a few people go straight for the 125 test. None passed and most were surprised to find out how bad their riding was.

IMO, it's usually better to just go for the lessons and then the full-on big bike.

• Like 1

Agreed, lessons are completely worth it - I gained a lot from mine. Just because you think you're good, doesn't mean you actually are.

• Like 2

I had no lessons at all and looking back, really would have benefitted from them instead of learning the hard way. Its the other folk on the road who are the problem IMHO.

it's us ! in my opinion . we arn't a big enough threat against a car/truck /fuckwit..

it's us ! in my opinion . we arn't a big enough threat against a car/truck /fuckwit..

I'd want to be in a pretty damn big truck if I was going to head to head with you!!

your not getting into my love nest at squires with insults like that. :eusa_snooty:

• Like 1

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online