xj900f handlebar swop

chedd
This post is 3750 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

looking to fit renthal 'bars to my 1989 xj900f I'm guessing a'new' top yoke is needed,i'v seen an xj900 on ebay with these type of 'bars fitted so I know it can be done.any info much appreciated. thanks chedd.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You may find that you'll also need new throttle and clutch cables and that you may have to lengthen the wiring for the switchgear and maybe new brake lines , depending on the length of your new bars . Try to measure before you do anything drastic .

thanks for the warning rev,don't plan on doing anything mad just want a more comfortable riding position.

Hi Chedd, I was wondering if you've had any luck with the bars as I was thinking of doing the same thing to mine,(only had it a week) (Its a 1994 XJ900F). I need the bars to come back about 2" and up about 1". I also want to move the footpegs down and forward slightly. The adjustable footpegs on ebay dont look as though they would fit.

hi ressie,'aint had no luck yet buddy,idid wonder if 'divvie' yokes would fit 'cos that would mean you could drop any sort of bars in.

hi tomyqss,the yokes on the pre 'divvie'900f have a sort of rachet arrangement on which the bars fit,making it difficult to fit any other type of handlebars?

• 3 weeks later...

Have popped by a local customiser today and he quoted roughly £200 to machine serrated edges off the yokes then fit risers and a one piece bar. Cables will also be replaced with longer ones, seemed like a fair price so I've booked it in for 2 weeks time. Will post pictures once work is done.

• Like 1

will be interesting to see the finished job,not to bad a price considering he's doing all the work!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online