Can I change the socket scew 40mm of my oil cover with a normal machine screw without damaging the bike? Many Thanks

Stefano
This post is 3777 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Stefano, Ok you figured out how to post a message - well done - you figured out how to post a picture - that's great too - but you forgot to do an INTRO in the new members section and that will help with your question, as would you talk to a stranger if he just turned up and said " how do I fix this" before he said hello? most of us wouldn't either so please do an intro if you would be so kind as that way we know your not a one hit wonder of which we get a LOT. By the way and more to the point Welcome to the YOC your very welcome to join in and we will help out as best we can. Ride safe. :jossun:

Assuming then that you want to swap a 40mm long allen cap screw (5th down on your list)

If there is room for the hexagon head, you can use a hex headed screw that is threaded all the way

As Im unsure how much knowlegde you have on the subject, I will state that you must use a screw of exactly the same thread diameter, and pitch, and use the same length as the original

Do not overtighten

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online