xj900f running on two

alanfsz
This post is 3774 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

As title says it is running on two outside pots, inside pair run on same coil so I have a new one on the way, but I am curious would a faulty ignitor be the cause as I am unsure if it would run on two. Any info would be appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Alan, it will run on two cylinders tho it wont be happy about it, just a quick question I have the XJ750 and that has 1 3 4 2 firing order so the cylinders are split between the coils and as the coils can't fail on one half of the firing order I was wondering if you had it right, I have just rebuilt a Suzuki and that had the same fault as your describing and it was the plug caps that were screwed not the coils, just my thoughts on it you understand as your stood by the bike and I'm not but I would suggest that you check the spark plug caps just to make sure. :jossun:

Good news mate glad you got it sorted. :jossun:

Ermm not quite, it ran perfect then it went on two again, stripped carbs down and found 2 pilot jets were nearly falling out, wondering wether to locktite them into position 2 turns out

I think were talking Airscrews here [ 2 turns out] AS pilot JETS are screwed fully home , and are inside carbs,, :eusa_think: