This post is 3768 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi everyone, I've just joined today and posted in the Workshop section and was prompted to say hello here too!

I've been biking for quite a long time, but always on L plates. Every time I've been close to taking my test, something has got in the way. I've done my CBT quite a few times now! I have quite a lot of city riding experience (commuting to work, and taking lessons) but hardly any experience outside a 40mph limit. Only had one accident in all these years, which was 18 months ago, and put me off riding for a bit.

I've only owned one bike. I've had my trusty SR125 for 7 years now (just got a fright when I counted that up and realised how long I've had him!). He is called 'Adam'. No, I don't usually name bikes and cars, but he came with a name which had been handed on through four previous owners and I felt I had to keep up the tradition.

After I had my wee accident, I did ride for a while, but was quite nervous on two wheels and gradually just sort of stopped. So poor old Adam has been languishing outside my flat in the rain in Scotland for about a year.

I put him up for sale a few months ago because I thought maybe I could buy a newer machine and get a fresh start. But although I've had a few enquiries, I haven't managed to sell him. So, I have decided to put a bit of work in and get him up and running again. Which brings me back to my post in the Workshop forum. This morning I washed him and took a bit of a stocktake of the jobs I could see needed done.

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:1163]

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome:

Welcome to the YOC Claire, sorry to hear that your bump put you off riding, we all fall off we all feel daft about it to and pretend it's not our fault, you know the type jump up from the ground looking around for someone to blame when it's obvious we did it to ourselves!! I'm sure "ADAM" will appreciate being used again and you should get back to doing what you enjoy. :jossun:

Hi claire " wheres up north are you,? seen your post , on mantainance , Wd 40 be another asset,, :welcome:

Welcome Claire!

Glad your mojo has returned (I've never seen one but am assured they're real!) and that you're coming back to two wheels. Look forward to hearing more from you as Adam re-awakens :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi and welcome to the forum! have fun restoring your bike

I told you guys all girls have SR... you laugh at me.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online