renovating forks

Tommy xs
This post is 3781 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I recently purchased a set of used forks for my bike from ebay one of the lower fork legs are damaged so I decided to swop it over with a spare one i've lying around for years, which looks in good condition my question is about the metal slider ring which is located just below the seal

will I need to replace this as its been left bare for many years as I think its supposed to have some sort of special grease on it.

It looks in good nick, can I just re-grease it, or if not how do i remove it without damaging the fork leg?

thanks for any replies in advance

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

some of them are either machined in situ or are bonded in there. I know the SOHC is machined and if worn is scrap.

Its bound to have some residual oil in there so it should be fine. Just do the rocking test when assembled

Cheers Drew I can get the part from Fowlers, but the old one looks fine and looks a pig to get out without damage its just that I read in the manual not to touch it when changing the seals, is there some form of a special grease for them or do they just get lubed by the fork oil ?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online