Dt 125 x electrics died?

YamYamMan
This post is 3781 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So, I got a new meter today and did a few more tests,battery voltage is 12.3, charge voltage 14.2 so regulators ok but I can't find any power anywhere else

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Me either lol

Was wondering if it could be the condenser after reading yamahamikes thread about his 175 from a couple of weeks ago but his bike wasn't sparking where mine does

Here's hoping it's not a break in the wiring

The usual place for a break is where the loom goes around the steerer tube at the front, try turning the bars lock to lock with the key on and the brake pressed...anything?

the only other thingI can think to try to prove the loom is duff is this, unplug the rear brake switch and secure a piece of wire (jumper) between the brn connector to the loom and the battery +, you should find that lights, horn etc now work...disconnect the keyswitch and using your multimeter check the voltage at the loom brn again, you should find you have nothing at that point if your loom is broken. Take the utmost care with the jumper connected to the battery because if you touch any frame components it will spark, so it needs a lot of care. Only do this if you feel competent not because I told you to I cannot be held responsible for any damage caused by your errors. It would be safer with an inline fuse in the jumper too.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online