Dt 125 x electrics died?

YamYamMan
This post is 3781 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

So, I was riding along today when all lights (dash too) just stopped working, I thought it was the fuse, changed it no good, so started checking the wiring, I've got power into and out of the ignition but was struggling to trace the wires from there.

I'm really stuck tbh, any help would be much appreciated

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

power into the ignition? you talking about the keyswitch here, might help to be more specific ;)

so without looking at a diag, out the battery + through fuse in red wire to keyswitch, out the keyswitch into brown wire that will feed several things when the key is turned. Dont forget your battery - connection, needs to be clean intact and a good connection to whatever frame connections there are

I just haven't got a clue what other than the fuse would kill all electrics, and I forgot to add before I've got an alarm fitted which is still fully functional (arms,disarms,flashes indicators etc)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just used a multimeter first on the permanent live (thick red wire) then on the switched live (thick brown wire) and switched key on and off to check it was functioning

Sorry just realised you said the negative probe lol I didn't even see the - first time

I had it in the hole where the tank bolt is by the top of the air box (good earth)

Sorry, I'll try to explain from the start in more depth

I was riding for a while all lights and instruments working fine then came to a turn clicked the indicator on made the turn then glanced the dash as I turned the indicator off realised the indicator light wasn't flashing so clicked on and off a few times and realised I had no indicators and no indicator light either then came to lights knocked it into neutral no neutral light it then became clear everything was dead (except the engine) so I pulled over switched the engine off and tryed to check fuse but couldn't get to it so decided to ride the last couple of miles home without lights then found the starter was dead too so I bumped it got home checked the fuse it was blown so I changed it no joy checked battery terminals and connections perfect then checked the keyswitch as I've said and didn't know where to go next

Sorry if that's hard to understand English was never my strong point at school lol