XV950 and XV950R Bolt price difference.

toddy505
This post is 3570 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,I'm new to the forum.I took a 950 Bolt out for a test run yesterday and loved it.Im sure this question has been asked before but here goes anyway.Why in the UK is there a £600 ($1000) difference between these two models when the difference in the US is $300 (£180).Shipping to the UK is the same for both models.Does anyone have Yamaha UK's excuse for this rip off ?.Thanks guys.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It's been known for some time that most of the world calls the UK "treasure island" cos they can charge more for the same shit, the only way to get the price down is for everyone to refuse to pay the asking price and demand that they sell it here at the same price as anywhere else, can you really see that happening? Me neither. :shakeno:

It's been known for some time that most of the world calls the UK "treasure island" cos they can charge more for the same shit, the only way to get the price down is for everyone to refuse to pay the asking price and demand that they sell it here at the same price as anywhere else, can you really see that happening? Me neither. :shakeno:

Apparently the US bikes don't even have ABS as an option while spec R UK bikes have it as standard,so I suppose that does go a fair way to explaining the bigger price difference between standard and R.

I saw a bolt those days. in a shop... in pics is looking good. live is looking crap. i`m not a harley fan but the sportster is looking a lot, lot better. 600 difference for abs is really good :)

• 4 months later...

Had bikes for years a t m i have a british roadster speed thingy. But always loved the the iron until now the bolt looks superb one issue i have is this. Is there anybody around the reading area who would ride out ? Ifi get one

Timmy this post is months old and doubt that you will get much back from your post, also it's polite to do an INTRO in the new members section to say Hi otherwise most folks will take you for a one hit wonder, we get loads of those, so if you would be so kind as to pop over there now that would be great, thanks.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online