ybr 125 egr or somthing?

ybr37
This post is 3629 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

20140510_162913.jpg

First post on the forum having had a good look around!

Right I know you can't really add any more power to a ybr but I've been doing my best to make it perform better.

I've read about the Egr valve on the side that comes out of the exhaust.

From what I've read it sends exhaust gases back into the airbox to help with emissions.

But after having a look myself if seems the exhaust does blow into the pipe work but when it reaches a one way valve next to the airbox its turned into sucking!?

So does it actually help draw air into the box and Not hamper the intake like I've read?!?!??

PIC}

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi YB, Welcome to the YOC, it's normal to do an "INTRO" before posting that way we get to know you, so if you would be kind enough to post a bit about yourself in the "new members" section you might get a bit more feedback cos we get a LOT of one hit wonders who want a question answered and without a "thank you" they are never seen or heard from again. As I say welcome to the forum and hope you get to stick around. :wavey:

Forgive this posting from a newbie BUT...what you are describing is the Air Induction System. This uses a negative pressure in the exhaust system to draw cool air from the filter housing via a reed (one way) valve to encourage continued combustion of any unburnt volatiles prior to it exiting the exhaust and thus destroying the planet and all life as we know it (admittedly this is a worst case scenario) plus your bike failing it's emission test at the the MOT. So No, it doesn't draw air into the box, quite the reverse. My advice, for what it's worth would be to leave well alone, the YBR125 will always be hampered by the fact that it's a small, four stroke single that was built for reliability not performance.