2005 R1 noise on decelerating

smoker
This post is 3788 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

Riding in the rain the other day, had to go through a large puddle. Just after that I had to slow down for s roundabout. Got a horrible screeching noise from what sounded like the front end. I thought it might be the front pads because of the puddle. But, going home it did it again, no puddle, bone dry. When on the overrun again. I started to think exup valve. Did it twice today, similar circumstances.

It only seems to do it once each way on my commute, but this is regular now.

Any ideas ?

I've lubricated outside the exup, are they maintainable ?

Cam belt, chain wouldn't make a noise like that without being fatal I hope ...

T.I.A

Smoker

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You really should post an intro in the new members area. We have very few restrictions and pretty much self police but not posting an intro is seen as bad form. May limit your replies.

Me, sounds like the sprocket carrier bearing on its way out, on the overun its unloaded and cause noise. Mine screeched pretty good when it went. Doesent affect the handling much either if the wheel bearings are ok.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online