New brake line setup

shaun_1990
This post is 3799 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey everyone, just after a little advice or guidance if you may.

I bought some Goodrich hoses (race setup) so there are two front lines opposed to one line to a caliper then a pipe going over, anyway I have no mounting point for one of the lines however I have an adaptor which looks like it will screw in somewhere & brake line will clamp in..

Does anyone have any advice as to maybe where or what is best, bike is a 2010 yam xj6n

Thanks for any help

Regards

Shaun

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

I think pictures would help unless someone who has already done this to their bike replies.

I fitted a braided hose set up on my 900 divi, the kit consisted of two long hoses one longer then the other, to be fitted from the master cylinder to the callipers either side of the wheel, the ends were ‘Banjo’ fittings, the kit came with two short ‘Banjo’ hollow bolts, one double length ‘Banjo’ bolt and 7 thin soft washers, the set up was to fit the long ‘Banjo’ bolt at the master cylinder thought two of the ends of the hoses sandwiching 3 thin soft washers the hoses were routed down each of the fork legs with the longer hose going to the furthest calliper from the master cylinder, I fitted a ‘P’ clip at the mudguard mounts either side to keep them in place allowing slack for the suspension travel, then the final washers and Banjo’ bolts were used to connect the hoses to the callipers,

I don’t know if your bike has ‘ABS’ if it does then this might be no help at all, but this is how it fitted on my 900 divi.

Thanks for the reply, yeah I have got them all "test fitted" seem to be sat well just got to get the right hand side secure, I will have another crack once the weather brightens up & then get some pictures, non abs model also :)

Little update for everyone, got them all sited nicely & in place, however the brakes now don't want to bleed.

I am using a spanner on the nipple, pumping the lever, un doing the nipple, (getting no feeling or pressure in the lever) then re tightening the nipple which is not doing anything but wasting time, is there something I have not done ? Sorry if this is a really obvious question.

Shaun