ybr, engine change

yz80.mikki
This post is 3791 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi,

i now have a 2006 ybr 125, carb moddle bike, the engines had it, popping spluttering on and down on compression and it sounds like a bag of hammers,

now i can change the engine like for like, but i can get the newer injector engine with alot less miles.

now i know my bike cant take it injector, but what if i took the injector manifold off put the carb one on and changed the ignition pick up, along with the stator plate would that work? as the engines are identical in side and out, the only differences are the injector

thanks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wiring loom differnces , injection = ECU.. and CDI conections.. :eusa_think:

The only complication would be how the ig is triggered, they should be the same via the flywheel but they might not fit the same, be it different taper, different rotor or the securing method may differ as the newer system will need a trigger for the injector too.

Maybe use the head and barrel from the later motor

swap the core engine, use your existing injectors, manifolds, stators e.t.c. IIRC the core engine is the same for all XTs and YBRs, the taper and fixtures for the stator assembly should be the same.

whats the worst that could happen.

Also, polish up your old engine and turn it into a plantpot, its kinda funky.

The only complication would be how the ig is triggered, they should be the same via the flywheel but they might not fit the same, be it different taper, different rotor or the securing method may differ as the newer system will need a trigger for the injector too.

Maybe use the head and barrel from the later motor

i cant use anything off the old engine as its really low on compression. i think the rings or the valves are going.

i cant use anything off the old engine as its really low on compression. i think the rings or the valves are going.

surely as 'cynic' said you can use the old engine, with the head/barrel/piston from the new one?

anyway, as you have suggested, you may be able to use all the new engine but with the rotor/stator and carb from the old one...made any decisions yet?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online