Looking for advice on Yam XS250

nursejim
This post is 3791 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Every now and then Blackhat likes to pull my leg on my ownership of a Honda, so when he said i'd got a fetish....... I thought I'd get in there first!

( I notice I replied to blackhat at the same time as DT50 posted, so mine got out of sequence )

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Every now and then Blackhat likes to pull my leg on my ownership of a Honda, so when he said i'd got a fetish....... I thought I'd get in there first!

( I notice I replied to blackhat at the same time as DT50 posted, so mine got out of sequence )

Honda rebel 250 shocks are 10.5" which directly fit the xs

Well there you go it will be a honamaha a couple of 250 rebble shocks and your off to the races,just find a flat surface to measure the frame height front and back and make sure you drop the bike the same both front and rear the same or you will affect the rake angle.

If you want to be certian you get the rake angle perfect then buy one of these http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0058WYXAI/ref=asc_df_B0058WYXAI3118444?smid=A1Z82GPWV68N4T&tag=nextagusmp0403791-20&linkCode=df0&creative=395105&creativeASIN=B0058WYXAI and take a measurement first before you change anything.You will need to remove the head light to mount the gauge to the frame.but FYI if she would rather a bike that that steers slower ( better for pounding down miles on the slab but not for track day) increase the angle by not droping the front as much.

Alot of people hate when I say this but.... you can cut the spring down in the front forks to get the bike lower without haveing the tubes touching the handel bars,or if you cant get the rake angle right thats the only choice left,short of having new springs made.

you could try rear shocks off the xs250 US custom, I don't know if they are but they look shorter to me

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online