Looking for advice on Yam XS250

nursejim
This post is 3790 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guy's, I have a Yamaha XS250 and wish to lower the ride-height for my partner who is 5' 2 tall. Can anyone suggest a suitable modification that may help me, help her get involved in our road trips, well occasionally.!

Many thanks in advance

Jim

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:ambulance: "They"rs life jim but not as we know it " :babyha: Yeh jim , you can slip the front forks down thru the clamps, , And measure the rear shocks , and order some repro shocks 30mm less in leanth, thers lots on ebay,,and are quite stiff, so give better than standard handling,,

Hi, many thanks for your reply. Can you provide me with a make of rear chocks I should look at? r maybe even an ebay number?

Cheers and she's gonna be delighted there's a way to get her feet on the floor lol

there is plenty of padding on the XS seat, would be cheaper to cut that down and leave the chassis mods out.

RK leighton can do that, or ask a friendly upholsterer

Hi, I should have mentioned, I have stripped the seat down to the bare minimum, the issue appears to be the frame in the seat area is quite wide to straddle. I still need to get the back end down by about 1.5" - 2" for the fotting to be safe.

Cheers

Ok jim,,, just drop the front forks first ,,say 35mm , and see the difference , then look for shocks , but you"l need to search,,after measuring,, as buying straight repros, will be same leanth, or Hagon will make to suit,,£££££ "s tho..

LOL I would have though she would be more worried if you told her you were going to push up her rear end :biglaugha:

All kinds of ways around the seat height though,change rims size and the above mentioned but why not just buy another bike that fits ,or new shoes women love new shoes with some more sole you'll get 2x the brownie pionts and probably wont cost anymore in the end.

Jim I assume she's the pillion yes?

Is the problem the low footpeg position ?

if thats the case i wonder if theres any footpeg modifications, raise them up onto the frame/swinging arm

I guess it will depend on what year the bike is.....

Or is it she's perched up in the air and doesn't like it?............then add a sidecar!! :D

you may be able to get a lower profile rear Tyre! but don't think that will drop it as much as you want on its own

cheers thanks for the suggestion, I was hoping I could find a pair of shorter rear shocks to achieve the reduction. Maybe someone knows another bike with shorter (than 330mm) shocks as standard, then I could look for a pair of them?

You could move the move the mounting point's if your a capable welder to get the lower effect