Sachs Roadster 125 V2 conversion help please?

sachs R125
This post is 3818 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

This Roadster 125 V2 rebuild has just been a little project over the last 2 years. I had another back in 05 when I first began riding in the UK. And I have to say, even that never gave me any stress. Guess I'm lucky with the make! I only sold that first V2 to part fund buying a 650.

Anyhow, I was offered this V2 for pennies, as yeah, the seller had had nothing but hassles with it. In a bad state cosmetically, due to it being abandoned in a corner of his back yard for a year. But, finally back together and after a bout 375-400 quid, looking pretty much as new. The original XV only had 12K on it, so after a strip down and new seals fired up great (did have to buy a new starter though).

So now, as I've come across a XV250 in good nick, and going for a 150 quid, just wondering anyone has tried putting one in a 125?

Considered all, by comparing the full specs for the Roadster 125 verses the Virago 250, came up with the following all being exactly the same for both bikes:

Brakes - Single 260mm disc, 2 piston calipers, 130mm drum
Chain size - 17.50mm, 10.16mm, 2.0mm, 1.42kg/100 links, 29.8KN

Fork size - 41mm, with 120mm travel

As well as the starter motor, exhaust system, rear spring size and travel also.

True, the frame on the Roadster 125 is considered it's worst element, as it's way heavier (steel) than most believe needed for a 125. But, in this case, I thought that that might be a blessing, by having the extra strength needed to handle dropping a 250 in there?

So, all the above said, is there anything I'm missing, that might make the conversion a total no no? Thanks, Justin.

Oh, I'm not sure about the loom, it has to be said?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online