1975 DT175 Enduro - Michigan

bb3924
This post is 3805 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello All,

I thought I'd say HELLO from the Great Lakes state of Michigan!

I have a 1975 DT 175 Enduro that was my bike beginning in 1978. It was ridden quite a bit until the mid 1980's, then stored away. It is like new. Now, my son wants to ride and I pulled it out of the barn and we're working on it together.

I just ordered a Yamaha repair and serivce manual for it, which will help. Everything on it works, and I've had it running. Except, I "cleaned" the carburator a bit too well and the configuration/adustment of the jets, is now off.

I have another bike in the barn too. It is an early 70's (I think) AT2 125. We have that in "rough running" condition too. The bikes are aestetically like new. Just have to work the gum out of them. I'm kind of excited.

I'll touch in occasionally and share what I know. My dad is the better mechanic, but some things require precise setting and carburators and timing are two of them.

It seems you can find just about anything on the net. Though I'm a bit suspicious of some aftermarket parts, especially when the reviews indicate "wrong and won't accept returns..."

Anyway, the internet is a great way to link up with folks and glad someone had the time and passion to start and support this site! Thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

:welcome:

Fantastic intro bb3924 (a name would be better)

So that's three generations working on the bike which is great.

This is a great community - thanks so much!

As we would say in England, "that's alright me old cocker"

Pictures of your bikes would be nice - never seem to tire (as in sleepy, not the black things that wrap around the wheels ;)) at looking at DT pictures!

Welcome, btw!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online